Code Of Ethics
As business owners, we will:
1) At My Coding Mentor we will conduct business in a professional manner, representing honesty, integrity, respect and reliability.
2) We will actively display the qualities of servant leadership toward all our stakeholders.
3) We will build long-lasting relationships with all our stakeholders.
4) We will not affiliate ourselves with other companies or entities that deal in unethical practices.
As health care professionals, we will:
1) We will promote the dignity and the cause of the patient and always remember that behind every chart is a patient who is sick or in need of medical care.
2) We will protect the confidentiality of the patient at all times.
3) We will provide services of the highest quality and accuracy to the benefit of our stakeholders and the patient.
As coding professionals, we will:
1) We will apply codes according to the documentation supported in the record, representing the documentation as accurately as possible.
2) We will carefully follow all guidelines, conventions, and reference recommendations when applying codes.
3) We will maintain the necessary credentials and continuously educate ourselves in the area of coding in order to provide the highest quality and accuracy in coding.
4) We will not falsely report codes to gain a higher reimbursement.
5) We will not change the documentation in the record or aid in its alteration to gain a higher reimbursement.
6) We will maintain integrity and honesty in all our coding practices and refuse to participate in any practices that are unethical, fraudulent or abusive toward laws, regulations, and coding guidelines.
7) We will mentor, teach, and encourage others and promote the profession of coding.
8) We will maintain loyalty to the profession of coding by holding ourselves to the highest standards of ethical coding practice.
As lovers of life, we will:
1) We will have fun, smile, and laugh as hard as possible.
2) We will inspire others to think creatively, to have a zest for life, to follow their dreams, to contemplate beauty, and to learn a new skill.
3) We will encourage others to never give up and to look forward to tomorrow.
Mission and Values
- My Coding Mentor has cool new items for sale!
Check out the new Sepsis Coding Tool!
Code Of Ethics
We believe in conducting business in a professional manner, representing honesty, integrity, respect and reliability. We will provide services of the highest quality and accuracy to the benefit of our stakeholders and the patient . . . continue »
My Coding Mentor expects students to arrive on time and prepared for each class. Disruptive behavior will not be tolerated in the classroom. Students who dominate discussions to the detriment of others or disrupt the educational . . . continue »